Essex International, Essex County Council’s international trade team, is currently in China with Cllr Kevin Bentley the Deputy Leader of Essex County Council. Essex International is meeting Changhzou health officials, the Jiangsu Law Commission and the Jiangsu Fire Service to discuss professional training opportunities following the delivery of specialist courses to a number of Chinese organisations which have brought in hundreds of thousands of pounds of income to Essex.
An agreement has already been signed with Changzhou No. 1 Hospital to deliver GP medical training which will deepen existing healthcare links between Jiangsu Province and Essex.
“Many of our organisations in England are the envy of the world. China is increasingly looking to England to learn new ways of delivering vital services in their country. We in Essex are benefiting from this by developing training programmes and welcoming groups of Chinese professionals to Essex.
We hope to come back from this visit with more training programmes arranged, including a new one with the Jiangsu provincial Food and Drug Administration.”
Cllr Kevin Bentley, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Economic Growth and Infrastructure, Essex County Council
Professional training provided by Essex International
Essex International (EI) is taking advantage of its unique 26 year relationship with Jiangsu Province to understand the opportunities for UK companies to deliver professional training to Chinese organisations.
EI has designed and delivered a number of professional training courses to Chinese organisations. This involves scoping out the appetite for professional training in the Chinese market and working with UK partners to put together a focussed training package. These include…
- GP medical training - a month long training programme for senior Chinese health practitioners from Wuxi City to help them develop a new healthcare system
- Legal training - EI has delivered training to lawyers, solicitors and judges from the Jiangsu Law Commission. The training covered the UK’s criminal justice system, how the UK government promotes co-existence of different cultures in the UK, employment protection, the role of labour unions, the UK Police system and the UK welfare system
- Fire service training - EI created a training package for the Jiangsu Fire Service which included fire officer safety, specialist knowledge and firefighting techniques
“Essex International has designed a comprehensive study program, invited medical experts, GPs with rich experience and knowledge to give lectures, set up site visits to hospitals and GP practices, and arranged dialogues with UK medical practitioners, and therefore enable us to have a deep and practical knowledge of the NHS."
Dr Sun Ming, Head of the GP delegation
For more information on the professional training services Essex International offer see here.
About Essex International
Essex International works with companies and organisations to help them make the most of the opportunities of the UK market in the case of Chinese organisations, and the Chinese market, in the case of UK organisations across a number of specific business themes . . .
- Export to China – connecting companies to interested buyers in China
- Inward Investment from China – helping UK regions attract inward investment
- Student Recruitment in China - helping to recruit students from China for universities, colleges and schools
- Development of Chinese Professionals – providing training to Chinese professionals through UK professional training institutions
For more information about Essex International see www.EssexInternational.org.